Develop – Etch – Strip (DES) Line
Chemcut Corporation, the United States’ leading manufacturer and supplier of Develop/Etch/Strip equipment, announces that PJC Technology Inc. (DBA Speedy Circuits and Metro Circuits), printed circuit board manufacturers, have both installed new Chemcut CC 8000 cupric chloride Develop-Etch-Strip systems in their facilities.
PJC Technology, Inc. has been producing rigid and flexible circuits for more than 40 years. The company is on a technologically driven journey to expand its ability to meet the challenges of leading edge designs and provide a benchmark for quick turnaround and superb quality. As a result, PJC Technology, Inc. has invested more than $5 million in equipment and processes in order to support industries that demand reliability- including Defense, Medical, Semiconductor and Down Hole Exploration.
Abbas Hosseinzadeh PJC’s Director of Process Engineering, said, “The new equipment increased production capacity, the ability to produce very fine lines and our yields. The new Chemcut systems will allow us to continue our quest to use technology to solve problems for our customers. These Chemcut DES systems are truly the latest generation of technology and will enable us to leverage our 42 year history and expand our customer base.” Speedy & Metro Circuits can expect exceptional performance, excellent reliability and low cost of ownership with their new Chemcut CC-8000 automated DES line. Features and capabilities include:
- Thin Material Transport: The DES line will transport very thin and flexible material without the use of leaders.
- Excellent Etching Uniformity and Smaller Line / Space Features: The Chemcut CC-8000 system achieves fine feature formation by the unique design of the spray system and improved top side puddle management.
- Automatic Dosing and Regeneration: These features keep the Develop, Etch, and Strip chemistry in a steady state condition ensuring consistent results.
- Multiple Zone Control: Processing a ½ oz. over a 1 oz. panel is as simple as downloading the proper recipe.
- Recipe Driven Operation: This feature eliminates day to day, week to week, and month to month product variation due to improper machine set-up. The automatic pressure control feature provided in the main processing stations, utilizes variable frequency drives to control the speed of the pump impellers to regulate spray pressure.
- In Line Filtration:The removal of the debris from the chemical baths helps to ensure process consistency and uniformity.
- Bar Code Reader: The bar code on the product is tied to a recipe thus ensuring the operator processes the product correctly.
- Data Collection and Archiving: Gives real time and historical feedback and analysis. The data is time and date stamped and can be searched by time and date and/or product code.
- Remote Access via the Internet: Process Engineers can remotely create and share recipes between multiple facilities using any internet capable device. The machine can be accessed for diagnostic reasons or to implement programming enhancements.
“It has been nearly 20 years since Chemcut first supplied equipment to Speedy & Metro Circuits. We are very pleased that they continue to choose Chemcut to be its provider of new etching equipment for their facilities.” stated Rick Lies, Chemcut’s CEO. “Chemcut has been the technology leader in the wet processing and chemical etching industries for over 55 years, and the continued partnership with both Speedy and Metro Circuits is a testament to the design innovation and dedication to excellence that have kept Chemcut at the top of the industry for the past five decades.”
Chemcut Corporation, founded in 1956, was the original developer of spray etching, a technique that made the chemical etching process practical for volume, as well as prototype production. Chemcut offers a complete line of spray etchers, developers, strippers, waste treatment systems, and auxiliary equipment. More than 15,000 Chemcut units are currently in operation around the world.
To learn more about Chemcut, please call 814-272-2800 or 800-CHEMCUT.
Additional information about Speedy Circuits, Inc. at 714-898-4901 and Metro Circuits 585-254-2980 is available from their company web site www.pjc-tech.com .